Social Welfare Scheme- Ayati Centre- Services We Offer
Ayati has collaborated with the Department of Social Services to ensure the services of a social worker for families attending Ayati.
Social work is a practice-based profession that interacts with individuals, families, groups, communities, and society as a whole in an effort to meet basic needs and enhance social functioning, self-determination, collective responsibility, and overall well-being. It promotes social change, development, cohesion, and the empowerment of people and communities.
Social welfare services provided by the department of social services/social worker at Ayati
Many social welfare programs for children and adults with special needs are conducted by our department of social services. Some of the services provided for the children who are differently-abled are mentioned below.
- Disability allowance for children with disabilities
- Providing food and nutritional aids
- Providing scholarships
- Providing medical aids
- Providing aids to have access facilities
- Providing toilet facilities (toilets with commodes)
- Granting self-employment aids and guidance for the parents who have children with disabilities
- Referring young people (above 16 years) with disabilities for vocational training
- Providing required services for children with disabilities through Child Guidance Centers (Maharagama, Nawinna)
Referral pathway for Social Services
All families will undergo a social status screener at the reception and by the first visit clinical group. The eligible families will be identified by the Social Worker and will be referred for necessary services.
Duly filled documents will be forwarded to the divisional secretariat at the patient’s relevant address. Then the social service officer in the divisional secretariat takes action to organize funding/ welfare.
How to reach us
We are available at Ayati every Tuesday and Thursday 9.00 am – 4.00 pm