Faculty of Medicine Ragama gears up for an unparalleled Medical Exhibition.
The Faculty of Medicine University of Kelaniya is in the process of preparing to deliver an unparalleled experience to the country. In celebration of the 25th year anniversary of the Institute ‘Medkel 2016’ will be held from the 23rd to the 29th of September at the Faculty premises in Ragama.
The Medical Exhibition celebrating 25 years of the Faculty will be held under the theme “Medical Knowledge For A Healthier Tomorrow.” The exhibition will educate the public on various specialties of the medical field bringing in and showing forth the newest inventions in technology.
- Growth, development and reproductive health zone aims to bring forth knowledge on all the stages of life. The stall will illuminate the public on healthy living in different phases of life including in childhood, adolescent years, newly married/starting a family phase, pregnancy stage and the geriatric population.
- Emergency management and first aid zone is where you can find unseen threats inside your very own house. The stall will cover many aspects including poisonous animals and plants, precautions for accidents and response that needs to be given in an emergency.
- Mental health zone will address mental wellbeing and strategies that could be adopted mentally to face common challenges. Addictions, study difficulties and ways to enjoy life at all phases are some of the areas that will be covered.
- Communicable disease zone is dedicated to educate the public on practical ways to identify, prevent and to be protected from pathological agents such as Bacterial, Viral and Parasites.
- Non-communicable disease zone will bear great relevancy to the current context of the country. The prevalence of diabetes, hypertension, chronic kidney diseases and cancers are indeed at high levels that needs to be prevented and addressed to bring longevity to the country’s population. Zone is exclusively dedicated to give answers to your questions.
- A special zone is organized for the public to witness unseen technological marvels of modern medical science and in specialized medical expertise.
- Some of the special features that will be at the exhibition will be 3D experience in to human organs, Awareness on early detection and treatment for a range of medical conditions, Educational seminars and advocacy and service provisionstrategies for persons with disabilities in Sri Lanka.