At the end of the programme and on qualifying, graduates will be able to;
- Demonstrate specific knowledge and skills that are required for the competent practice of Public Health and Epidemiology.
- Integrate knowledge, skills and attitudes competently for Public Health practice in promoting health and preventing disease.
- Identify at risk individuals and communities to target cost effective Public Health interventions.
- Liaise with individuals and agencies to promote health and prevent disease under normal and emergency situations.
- Consolidate and demonstrate skills in planning and implementing intervention programmes as appropriate.
- Monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of intervention programmes and modify or terminate such programmes as necessary.
- Demonstrate an understanding of epidemiologic research methods and critical analysis of epidemiologic literature.
- Demonstrate skills in presenting and communicating epidemiologic findings to policy makers and the public
- Use epidemiologic evidence in health policy development.
- Promote health and well being, and prevent illness and disability in individuals and communities.
- Respect the rights of all individuals and communities in the practice of public health and epidemiology and abide by the code of professional ethics.
- Work as a manager and an effective and contributing member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrate skills in self-directed learning and positive attitudes towards continuing professional and personal development.
- Contribute towards development of public health and epidemiology as a specialty.