Course code: PHTH E2073
Course unit title: Research Methodology
- To introduce therapists to the concept of research (both qualitative and quantitative) and to provide a basic understanding of research methods.
Learning Outcomes: At the end of the course unit, the therapist will be able to,
- define the concepts of scientific enquiry.
- describe research methods.
- describe study designs (Quantitative and Qualitative).
- critically read and report on published research literature in PT.
- design and analyse questionnaires.
- data analysis.
- writing research reports.
- collect qualitative data using interviews and focus groups discussions.
- demonstrate an understanding of when and how to use qualitative methods for the investigation.