Course code: PHTH E2065
CLINICAL PHYSIOTHERAPY STRAND
Course unit title: Evidence-based clinical practice and clinical reasoning.
- To develop students' knowledge, skills and ability in relation to the delivery and evaluation of effective clinical care based on the most appropriate evidence.
Learning outcomes: At the end of this course unit the student will be able to,
- define evidence based practice.
- discuss theories related with evidence based practice.
- demonstrate the ability to systematically search and critically appraise scientific evidence.
- critically evaluate his/her approaches and methodologies of clinical practice in each clinical setup and hence identify issues for exploration.
- demonstrate the ability to develop and implement strategies to overcome issues explored integrating key concepts of evidence based practice.
- critically appraise the barriers and opportunities that will impinge on evidence based practice within clinical care and find the solutions to overcome barriers.
- develop a continuous professional development clinical practice portfolio through evidence reflective practice.