Course code PHTH E3213
Course unit title: Physiotherapy in Disaster & Emergency Management
- To develop students with knowledge and basic skills on disaster management.
Learning outcomes: At the end of the course unit, the student should be able to,
- Define the hazards and there outcomes.
- Explain the hazard phenomenaDefine a disaster and the types of disaster.
- Illustrate the disaster management cycle.
- Explain the components of DSM cycle.
- Categorize the disasters.
- Discuss the socioeconomic aspects of after hazards.
- Describe the possible injuries and health related aspects of hazards.
- Identify the GOs and NGOs involve in disaster management.
- Describe the tasks of GOs and NGOs.
- Review the Disaster management act.
- Define a triage system.
- Explain the importance of a triage system.