Course code: PHTH E3173
STRAND OF STUDENT SELECTED COMPONENTS
Course unit title: Physiotherapy in Mental Health
- To equip the student with competencies in managing the physiotherapy needs of mental health patients
Learning outcomes: At the end of the course the student should be able to,
- describe common mental health conditions and their management.
- describe the relationship between mental and physical health and wellbeing.
- describe the role of physiotherapy in managing mental health conditions.
- apply the principles of multidisciplinary management of mental health patients.