Course code: PHTH E3132
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT STRAND
Course unit title: Management and Leadership in Physiotherapy
- To equip the student with competencies in leadership and management as applied to physiotherapy.
Learning outcomes: At the end of the course the student should be able to,
- discuss the health system in Sri Lanka.
- describe the management and leadership theories that can be utilized to improve services of the health sector.
- organize a physiotherapy department to provide safe service.
- develop strategies to improve effectiveness and efficiency of thephysiotherapy service.
- identify the rules & regulations & the laws governing the physiotherapy practice.
- develop strategies in clinical risk management.
- develop skills of teaching and training.