Course code: PHTH E2055
CLINICAL PHYSIOTHERAPY STRAND
Course unit title: Disability Studies including community-based rehabilitation.
- To equip the student with knowledge and skills regarding disability and rehabilitation in the community
At the end of the course unit, the student should be able to:
- describe about the setup of the community services and how they function.
- describe methods for overcoming barriers to rehabilitation in the community setting.
- develop skills to modify physiotherapy management to suit the needs of the client in their environment.
- describe the social and cultural issues of disability in relation to activities of daily living, work and leisure.