Course Code: OCCT E2044
Course Title: Knowledge and Skills for Practice
- To develop a good working knowledge of current models of occupational therapy practice and develop specific skills to enhance future professional practice.
At the end of the module, therapists will be able to;
- Demonstrate how to apply models of Occupational Therapy to practice, such as Kawa model, MOHO and Canadian Occupational Performance Model
- Carry out assessments of clients, including activity analyses and occupational profiles
- Demonstrate interview and communication skills in dealing with clients and other members of the health team
- Explain the theory of group work and demonstrate the ability to work in groups
- Plan and implement stress management, anxiety management and anger management programmes
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of condition management and expert patient programmes with particular reference to cardiac rehabilitation and long term disabling conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, parkinson's disease and schizophrenia.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between occupational health and sexuality
- Integrate reflective practice into their clinical work
- Demonstrate the ability to compile a professional Occupational Therapy report