Online Laboratory Reservation System (LRS)
LRS facilitates users to identify available computer labs, auditoriums and tutorial rooms of the faculty and reserve them online.
Students Attendance Management System for MBBS and SHS (SAMS)
SAMS records student attendance and provides facility to record students’ performance in the class activities. SAMS is instrumental in identifying examination eligibility and contribute to calculating professionalism index at the Faculty.
Histopathology Reporting System (HRS)
The department of Pathology provides histopathology services to the Professorial units of Colombo North Teaching Hospital. PRS is a computer assisted medical reporting system which has capabilities to record details about patients and specimens. PRS generates the histopathology reports of clinical specimens that issue to patients. Also, PRS will facilitates data retrieval for research and medical statistics.
Student Information System (SIS)
SIS is a centralized system which capable of registration students, scheduling examinations, processing marks, issuing results and generate transcription of medical students.
In Conference Proceedings (Abstract)
- Hettiarachchi, W.G.; Ediriweera, E.P.D.S.; Mahendra, B.A.G.G.; Liyanage, S.K.; Hewavinsenthi, S.J.D.S.; Ratnayake, R.M.U.S. Implementation of an Online Histopathology Reporting System in the Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Kelaniya. (19th Conference on Postgraduate Research, International Postgraduate Research Conference 2018, Faculty of Graduate Studies,University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka, 2018)
- Hettige, S.; Hettiarachchi, W.G.; Solangaarachch, D.I.K.; Dasanayaka, I.P.E.U.; Ediriweera, E.P.D.S. Knowledge, Attitude and Practice of Cloud Storage among the Medical Students at Faculty of Medicine, University of Kelaniya. (19th Conference on Postgraduate Research, International Postgraduate Research Conference 2018, Faculty of Graduate Studies,University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka, 2018)
- Hettiarachchi W.G., Hettige S., Ediriweera E.P.D.S., Chandratilake M.N., de Silva N.R. A study on the impact of interactivity with webbased learning environment on exam performance of students. Colombo Conference on Medical Education, 10-11 Sepetember 2017
- WG Hettiarachchi, S Hettige, EPDS Ediriweera, MN Chandrathilake, NR de Silva. Accessing a Moodle based learning management system and exam performance by medical students: A retrospective analysis. Kelaniya International Conference on Advances in Computing and Technology (KICACT 2017), University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka.
- DS Ediriweera, WG Hettiarachchi, BAGG Mahendra, SK Liyanage, RMUS Ratnayake, SJdeS Hewavisenthi. Design and development of a web based histopathology reporting system, The Ceylon Medical Journal, Volume 62 Supplement 1, July 2017 p196
- WG Hettiarachchi, S Hettige, DS EdiriweeraAssessment of the capacity to work with data: a cross-sectional study done in first year medical students at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Kelaniya. The Ceylon Medical Journal, Volume 62 Supplement 1, July 2017 p208
- S. Hettige, W.G. Hettiarachchi, DIK Solangaarachchi, D.S. Ediriweera, Prior exposure of graphic editing, video editing and animation software among new medical entrants at Faculty of Medicine, University of Kelaniya, The Scientific Session 2017, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sri Jayawardenapura, Sri Lanka.
- Hettige, S., Hettiarachchi, W.G. , Ediriweera, D.S. Experience in teaching ICT for medical students through Moodle. Kelaniya International Conference on Advances in Computing and Technology (KICACT), University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka.(2016)